Wednesday, June 4, 2008

#473

This is a Mountain Model Import (MMI) On30 Rio Grande K-28 road number 473. These models are a combination of brass and die-cast, which makes them very affordable compared to an all brass engine. Here are some pictures of my K-28.


"The Sports Model"






Was suppose to come with snow plow originally, but because of problems from the manufacturer the snow plows were not shipped with the engine. I emailed Precision Scale Co. about the snow plow and they sent me one free of charge.


I added the coal which I bought from Caboose Hobbies in Denver, CO. Glued the coal down with a 50/50 mixture of Elmer's Glue and water.




The engine does not come with a coupler. Because all my rolling stock is Bachmann I had to match their coupler height, which is actually HO height. (We'll talk more about that later)


Great detail


Great Detail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you have any weight distribution problems with your k-28. I just got one and the cab is actually resting on the rear truck wheels causing a short. did you have this problem? if so what'd you do and if not, any suggestions on weighting down the front? the driver springs seemed to be fine.