Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photo & Model Contest

As part of the Holsters train show they invite people to enter the photo contest and the model contest. Last year I only entered photos and came away with a first and third place finish.



First Place 2008-Rolling Stock


Blue Ribbon


Third Place 2008-Steam

The photos are all spectator judged, meaning you vote for your favorite in each category. I was lucky to get anything. The stock car is the one on display in Antonito, CO at the station, and the K-28 is up at Cascade Wye near Silverton, CO. I picked to model my stock car after the one in my picture since I had good luck with number 5747.

This year for the contests I entered six pictures and two models. There was a lot of good competition, but I didn't leave empty handed. For pictures I got a third place in the Model Railroad category. The background is actually a big rock in our front yard. Since I don't have scenery on my layout I was trying to figure out how to make a picture of my K-28 look interesting. I Photoshoped the lights in to give it the apperance that is was on.

Mixed freight on the move


Third place 2009-Model Railroad
(Fancy 20th Anniversary ribbons)

For the model contest I entered my D&RGW Stock Car and my D&RGW Tool Car. For the models they do a spectator vote and they also have judges judging the models. There was a lot of good entries, but I was able to get a second place judges ribbon for my D&RGW Stock car 5747.

D&RGW Stock Car 5747



The Holsters' web site mistakenly identified my box car as the winner for a couple of days and had this picture on display.


Waiting to be jugded.
(Freight cars was a large category, it took up two shelves)


Second Place Judges Choice-2009 Frieght Cars



No comments: